If you want to lose belly fat, the last exercises you should do are “ab” exercises. Sit ups, crunches, and leg lifts will not get rid of your belly. To lose weight you want to use movements that make your heart pump and stoke your metabolism – and that means using exercises that involve your major muscle groups and accelerate your heart rate to the upper levels. With that, here are 8 exercises for losing belly fat:
1. Sprinting. If you want to run to lose weight, then sprint. Run as fast as you can for 40 – 100 meters and then take a short rest. Complete 2 – 12 sprints as your fitness level dictates. And for an extra challenge, do your sprint work on a steep hill.
2. Squats. Whether you use a barbell, dumbbells, or just your bodyweight, the squat should be part of [...]
When you are trying to lose belly fat, it can be frustrating when you think you are doing everything right but the scale just won’t seem to budge. If you are experiencing frustration with your weight loss efforts and you are not sure what you are doing wrong, check to see if you are making one of these four fat loss mistakes.
1. Relying on grain based carbohydrates.
If you’re diet consists largely of bread, pasta, cereal, rice and other grain based foods, it is going to be challenging to lose weight. Don’t believe the old government endorsed food pyramid that promoted grains as the base of your diet. Most of your carbohydrates should be coming from vegetables for optimum weight loss. If you decide to keep the grain based carbohydrates in your diet, be sure to keep your portion sizes small.
2. Staying within your comfort zone when [...]
Without a doubt, diet is the most important component to weight loss success. It is also the source of the most confusion.
With the latest celebrity diet fads constantly gleaming from bookstore shelves and glossy magazines, it’s no wonder you are confused about how to eat for fat loss. If you are feeling unsure of where to start, refer to this Beginner’s Guide To Fat Loss Nutrition to get you headed in the right direction.
Eat real food.
Real food grew from the ground or had a heart beat at one time. If you set it out on the counter, it will spoil in a relatively short time. If it has an ingredient list, there will be no more than a few items listed and you will be able to pronounce and recognize all of the ingredients. Real food likely does not come in a box or wrapper. So [...]
Without a doubt, diet is the most important component for losing belly fat. Not the latest workout fad. Not some powder, pill, or other supplement. Diet is the key to getting rid of your belly. It’s one thing to know that diet is key, but it’s another thing to know exactly what to eat. Below are 12 foods that you can’t go wrong with when trying to lose belly fat:
1. Broccoli. Loaded with Vitamin C and high in fiber, broccoli should be part of you weight loss diet. Stir fry it, steam it, or even microwave it – but be sure to include broccoli in your weight loss diet.
2. Spinach. A virtual vitamin powerhouse, spinach is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. It is also a good source of calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium. Spinach is great raw in a salad [...]
Losing belly fat can be confusing. And with so many different weight loss fitness plans and diets, sometimes it can be tough to tell the facts from fiction. As you move into a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and exercise, keep an eye out for these top 10 myths of losing belly fat.
1. Sit ups and crunches will help you lose your belly. It might seem to make sense that if you want to lose belly fat, then you should do exercises that involve your stomach. But this is not true. Fat loss training should involve full body movements that get your heart rate cranked. And sit ups, crunches, and other typical “ab” exercises do not move the body through a great enough range of motion to garner this effect. Abdominal exercises may give you strength in your core area, but they will do little to actually [...]
There are a ton of posts & articles around the internet and in magazines with different tips and tricks for losing fat – and a lot of them unfortunately end up being contradictory. I figured that it would be helpful if we could just create an “ultimate guide” here on LoseBellyFat.com that would go through every main component of fat loss, and the things to be aware of, so that we can get rid of all of this confusion and have a straightforward (and simple) fat loss guide to follow.
This guide was inspired by Sean Croxton of Underground Wellness, and a lot of the concepts in discussed here you can learn more about in his recently released book, The Dark Side of Fat Loss
So first and foremost, let’s talk about some basic fat loss concepts. One of the biggest mistakes and lies that I see perpetrated in the [...]