If you want to lose belly fat, the last exercises you should do are “ab” exercises. Sit ups, crunches, and leg lifts will not get rid of your belly. To lose weight you want to use movements that make your heart pump and stoke your metabolism – and that means using exercises that involve your major muscle groups and accelerate your heart rate to the upper levels. With that, here are 8 exercises for losing belly fat:
1. Sprinting. If you want to run to lose weight, then sprint. Run as fast as you can for 40 – 100 meters and then take a short rest. Complete 2 – 12 sprints as your fitness level dictates. And for an extra challenge, do your sprint work on a steep hill.
2. Squats. Whether you use a barbell, dumbbells, or just your bodyweight, the squat should be part of [...]
When you are trying to lose belly fat, it can be frustrating when you think you are doing everything right but the scale just won’t seem to budge. If you are experiencing frustration with your weight loss efforts and you are not sure what you are doing wrong, check to see if you are making one of these four fat loss mistakes.
1. Relying on grain based carbohydrates.
If you’re diet consists largely of bread, pasta, cereal, rice and other grain based foods, it is going to be challenging to lose weight. Don’t believe the old government endorsed food pyramid that promoted grains as the base of your diet. Most of your carbohydrates should be coming from vegetables for optimum weight loss. If you decide to keep the grain based carbohydrates in your diet, be sure to keep your portion sizes small.
2. Staying within your comfort zone when [...]
Not knowing where to start, can be the biggest hurdle to getting started. And with all of the workout choices available when you are trying to lose fat, it’s easy to get lost in the options. Use this Beginner’s Guide To Fat Loss Workouts to get you started and keep you on track.
Train at home or go to the gym?
Whether you choose to go to a gym or do your fat loss training at home, you can still have effective fat loss workouts. You don’t need any equipment for exercise, but many people enjoy using free weights or cardio machines. The bottom line is that it doesn’t matter where you workout, it only matters that you select an environment that you will use consistently.
Start with the basics.
You don’t need the intricate moves of an Olympic Weightlifter to get started losing fat. All you need to do [...]
Losing belly fat does not have to be complicated. Any effective weight loss program is going to be comprised of these four simple steps:
1. Eat real food. Regardless of the type of diet you follow, it’s most important to eat food that is not the result of extensive processing. Nearly all food items that come in the flashy and colorful packaging of a box or a wrapper should be avoided. Taking a look at the ingredient list on the food item is the best way to determine if it is “real food”. The less ingredients listed, the better. As an example, a bag of raw almonds will simply have “almonds” listed in the ingredients. And the best foods for losing belly fat – fruits, vegetables, meat, and fish – won’t even have ingredient lists.
In addition to eating food that is not processed, it is also important to [...]
As summer draws near, more and more people are going to start looking at dropping a few pounds so when they hit the beach, they’re ready. Over the winter months you may have slacked off with your workout routine and consumed a few too many of the ‘comfort’ foods of the season, so now you’re paying the price and are on a mission to get leaner.
But, what’s the best way to do this? How can you lose weight for the summer season?
Let’s have a look at a few of the quick tricks that you should keep in mind as you develop your approach so you can see the best results possible.
Focus On Dual Style Workouts
The very first thing that you should consider doing as you attempt to lose weight for the summer is to focus on dual style workout sessions. This means that [...]