Without a doubt, diet is the most important component for losing belly fat. Not the latest workout fad. Not some powder, pill, or other supplement. Diet is the key to getting rid of your belly. It’s one thing to know that diet is key, but it’s another thing to know exactly what to eat. Below are 12 foods that you can’t go wrong with when trying to lose belly fat:
1. Broccoli. Loaded with Vitamin C and high in fiber, broccoli should be part of you weight loss diet. Stir fry it, steam it, or even microwave it – but be sure to include broccoli in your weight loss diet.
2. Spinach. A virtual vitamin powerhouse, spinach is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. It is also a good source of calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium. Spinach is great raw in a salad [...]
When you are trying to lose belly fat, it can be frustrating when you think you are doing everything right but the scale just won’t seem to budge. If you are experiencing frustration with your weight loss efforts and you are not sure what you are doing wrong, check to see if you are making one of these four fat loss mistakes.
1. Relying on grain based carbohydrates.
If you’re diet consists largely of bread, pasta, cereal, rice and other grain based foods, it is going to be challenging to lose weight. Don’t believe the old government endorsed food pyramid that promoted grains as the base of your diet. Most of your carbohydrates should be coming from vegetables for optimum weight loss. If you decide to keep the grain based carbohydrates in your diet, be sure to keep your portion sizes small.
2. Staying within your comfort zone when [...]
Without a doubt, diet is the most important component to weight loss success. It is also the source of the most confusion.
With the latest celebrity diet fads constantly gleaming from bookstore shelves and glossy magazines, it’s no wonder you are confused about how to eat for fat loss. If you are feeling unsure of where to start, refer to this Beginner’s Guide To Fat Loss Nutrition to get you headed in the right direction.
Eat real food.
Real food grew from the ground or had a heart beat at one time. If you set it out on the counter, it will spoil in a relatively short time. If it has an ingredient list, there will be no more than a few items listed and you will be able to pronounce and recognize all of the ingredients. Real food likely does not come in a box or wrapper. So [...]
Losing belly fat does not have to be complicated. Any effective weight loss program is going to be comprised of these four simple steps:
1. Eat real food. Regardless of the type of diet you follow, it’s most important to eat food that is not the result of extensive processing. Nearly all food items that come in the flashy and colorful packaging of a box or a wrapper should be avoided. Taking a look at the ingredient list on the food item is the best way to determine if it is “real food”. The less ingredients listed, the better. As an example, a bag of raw almonds will simply have “almonds” listed in the ingredients. And the best foods for losing belly fat – fruits, vegetables, meat, and fish – won’t even have ingredient lists.
In addition to eating food that is not processed, it is also important to [...]
What is it?
Rosemary, often found in spice or garnish form, is usually an afterthought in terms of important foods. However, this piny, pungent herb is both extremely nutritious and extremely healthy. If you’ve never thought rosemary could be an integral part of improving your long-term health, maybe you should look a little closer at what this wonderful herb can do for you.
What makes rosemary so healthy?
Rosemary is often used in small amounts because it is so strong both in flavor and aroma. Even in the tiny amounts in which we use it, rosemary is still a good source of vitamins A, C and B6, as well as minerals calcium, iron and manganese. Rosemary has been traditionally used therapeutically to stimulate memory and learning. The flowery herb was placed in the hair or behind the ears of students in Ancient Greece as an aromatic way to [...]